Visitors can enjoy all that Wonthaggi has to offer including the local tours, gardens, and art. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. There are 162 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area.
Sightseeing and Staying in Wonthaggi
Places to visit in the larger region include Eagles Nest, Bunurong Marine National Park, and Inlet Beach. You'll also find Inverloch Visitor Information Centre and Bunurong Environment Centre & Shell Museum in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Wonthaggi, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 24 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Wonthaggi PET Friendly Cosy Cottage is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the center of Wonthaggi. Guests who stay at this 4-star resort in Cowes can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Ramada Resort by Wyndham Phillip Island is located 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the heart of Wonthaggi. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Cowes can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- North Pier Hotel is 22 mi (35.3 km) from central Wonthaggi. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star apartment in San Remo can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Wonthaggi
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 80°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 50°F
- From April to June, the average is 68°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 41°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 45°F as the nighttime average
- About 0.47 inches of rain falls on Wonthaggi each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 41°F