Visitors to Woodbury are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, coffeehouses, and parks. A top sight in the area is Lake Compounce.
- You'll find 38 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Danbury
- The closest major airport is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 6.7 mi (10.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 19.5 mi (31.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Woodbury
Favorite family attractions include Glebe House Museum and The Gertrude Jekyll Garden and Flanders Nature Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hollow Park and Woodbury Ski Area.
As you start planning your visit to Woodbury, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 24 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
A top sight outside the city is Lake Compounce, 15.7 mi/25.2 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Woodbury
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Woodbury gets about 1.69 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 17°F