Visitors can enjoy all that Newtown has to offer including the restaurants, shopping, and parks. There are 169 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 11.1 mi (17.8 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Newtown
Places to visit in the larger region include Still River Greenway, Danbury Museum and Historical Society, and Danbury Railway Museum. Additionally, you'll find Tarrywile Park and Mansion and Danbury Music Centre in the area.
As you plan your vacation to Newtown, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 22 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Victorian Newtown Apt W/fire Pit 20 Mi to Jennings is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the center of Newtown. This 3-star hotel in Milford features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Place Milford / New Haven is 18.7 mi (30.1 km) from central Newtown. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in New Haven can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven is located 21.8 mi (35 km) from the heart of Newtown. This 2.5-star hotel in Milford features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Newtown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 13°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 30°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 19°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Newtown is 1.69 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°F