Visiting New Milford
Visitors can enjoy all that New Milford has to offer including the cafés, entertainment choices, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals and opera houses.
- You'll find 38 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Danbury
- The closest major airport is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Milford
Places to visit in the larger region include Emmanuel Williamson Park, Institute for American Indian Studies Museum and Research Center, and Steep Rock Preserve. In the area, you'll also find Woodbury Ski Area and Bull's Bridge.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to select from in New Milford. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homestead Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Rocky River Inn - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi.
- Red Carpet Inn & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk.
Dressing for New Milford
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 19°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 47°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Average annual rainfall for New Milford is 52.87 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°F