Visitors can enjoy all that Yaounde has to offer including the zoo, museums, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, golf courses, and university setting.
- There are 40 hotels and other accommodations in Yaounde
- The closest major airport is in Yaounde (NSI-Nsimalen Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Yaounde
The city's cultural venues include National Museum of Yaounde and Art Museum. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Yaounde is worth a campus tour. Additionally, you might want to add Stade Omnisports to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 40 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Yaounde. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel La Falaise - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hilton Yaounde - This 5-star hotel features a casino, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- YaahoT Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a business center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Dressing for Yaounde
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 66°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 66°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 65°F at night
- About 66.65 inches of rain falls on Yaounde each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are October and September with an average of 65°F