Visitors can enjoy all that Aabenraa has to offer including the monuments, golf courses, and museums. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in Aabenraa
- The closest major airport is in Sonderborg (SGD), 15.5 mi (24.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Aabenraa
A couple of favorite places to visit are Brundlund Palace and Aabenraa Museum. Additionally, you'll find Sonderjyllands Golf Club and Jump-A-Lot in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 33 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Aabenraa. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Europa - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking.
- Fjordlyst Hotel Garni - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Christies Sdr. Hostrup Kro - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
Getting Around Aabenraa
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Aabenraa Kliplev Station. Aabenraa may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Aabenraa
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 66°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 57°F as the daytime average and 31°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Aabenraa is 1.22 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 66°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F