Visitors can enjoy all that Aka has to offer including the beaches, mountain views, and monuments. A top sight in the area is Ikei Island.
- You'll find 728 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Okinawa
- The closest major airport is in Naha (OKA), 22.8 mi (36.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Aka
The city's natural beauty is on display at Maehama Beach, Hizushi Beach, and Nishihama Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aka Ferry Terminal and Mt Nakadake.
As you make plans for a getaway to Aka, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 15 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Hanamuro interislander's Hotel is located in the heart of Aka. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Aka can enjoy access to a free beach shuttle and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Marine House SEASIR Akajima is located in central Aka. This 3-star hotel in Aka features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hanamuro inn Akajima is located 0.3 mi (0.4 km) from the city center. This 2.5-star hotel in Aka features free WiFi, free parking, and a free beach shuttle.
Dressing for Aka
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 62°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 56°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Aka is 50.75 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 56°F