Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Alexandria, which is also known for its shopping and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, entertainment choices, and theaters. In Alexandria, there are 67 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandria
Cultural venues in the city include Sinclair Lewis Interpretive Center, Theatre L'Homme Dieu, and Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum. Attractions like Casey’s Amusement Park and Erickson's Petting Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Viking Altar Rock, Big Ole Viking Statue, and Kensington Runestone.
In Alexandria, you'll find 67 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Grandstay Hotel And Suites Morris - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Alexandria - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Grandstay Hotel & Suites Parkers Prairie - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Alexandria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 45°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 26°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 62°F as the daytime average and 2°F as the nighttime average
- Alexandria gets about 25.12 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F