Visitors can enjoy all that Algiers has to offer including the local tours, cafés, and theaters. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture, festivals, and monuments.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodations in Algiers
- The closest major airport is in Algiers (ALG-Houari Boumediene), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Algiers
Cultural venues in the city include Bardo Museum, Museum of Antiquities, and Army Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Monument des Martyrs, Ketchaoua Mosque, and New Mosque. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ben Aknoun Amusement Park and Ben Aknoun Zoo.
In Algiers, there are 74 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lamaraz Arts Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
- AZ Hôtels Kouba - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- City Hotel Alger - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Algiers
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 67°F during the day and 42°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 91°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 82°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Average annual rainfall for Algiers is 0.71 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 43°F