Visiting Alor Setar
Visitors can enjoy all that Alor Setar has to offer including the monuments, museums, and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, art, and architecture.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodations in Alor Setar
- The closest major airport is in Alor Setar (AOR-Sultan Abdul Halim), 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Alor Setar
Cultural venues in the city include Kedah Royal Museum, Kedah State Art Gallery, and Paddy Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Alor Setar Tower, Yellow Palace, and Nobat Gallery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are State High Court and Wat Nikrodharam.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Alor Setar. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TH Hotel & Convention Centre Alor Setar - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- Royale Signature Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Grand Alora Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Alor Setar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 70°F
- Alor Setar gets about 2.72 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 71°F