Travelers to Arcachon give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos, spas, and parks.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodations in Arcachon
- The closest major airport is in Bordeaux (BOD-Merignac), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Arcachon
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Arcachon Beach, Mauresque Park, and Arcachon Bay. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port d'Arcachon and Oiseaux Island.
In Arcachon, there are 152 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel de la Plage - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a 24-hour fitness center and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Residhome Arcachon Plazza - Our customers love the overall value and central location at this vacation rental. This 4-star residence features free WiFi, a fitness center, and a spa tub.
- Hôtel La Pergola d'Arcachon - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Arcachon
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Arcachon Station. Arcachon might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Arcachon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 80°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 1.22 inches of rain falls on Arcachon each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 37°F