Visitors to Ax-les-Thermes are sure to enjoy the ski areas and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. Around the area, top sights include Gorges de la Frau, Montsegur Castle, and Soldeu Ski Resort.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Ax-les-Thermes
- The closest major airport is in La Seu d'Urgell (LEU), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ax-les-Thermes
Skiing is a top activity, and Ax 3 Domaines Ski Resort is one place to visit. In the area, you'll also find Gorges de la Frau and Montsegur Castle.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Ax-les-Thermes. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Résidence Nemea Les Grands Ax - This 3-star residence features an indoor pool, free parking, and a fitness center. Expedia travelers love its convenient parking and high-quality beds.
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Les Trois Domaines - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this vacation rental. Amenities at this 3-star residence include the ski slopes and an in-room kitchen.
- Domaine de la Vallée d'Ax - With a stay at this 3-star residence, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Soldeu Ski Resort, located 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Lombrives Cave, which is 13.4 mi/21.6 km away.
Getting Around Ax-les-Thermes
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Ax-les-Thermes Station. Ax-les-Thermes might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Ax-les-Thermes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 57°F and the nighttime average to be 34°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 35°F at night
- Ax-les-Thermes gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 76°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F