Visiting Bad Reichenhall
Visitors to Bad Reichenhall are sure to enjoy the spas and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and local tours. Top sights around the area include Hellbrunn Palace, St. Francis Church, and Mozart's Birthplace.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodations in Bad Reichenhall
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 7.5 mi (12.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bad Reichenhall
Favorite places to visit in the city include Rupertus Thermal Bath, Old Salt Works, and Predigtstuhl Cable Car. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hellbrunn Palace and St. Francis Church.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Bad Reichenhall. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Garni Gablerhof - This hotel in Upper Bavaria features a private beach, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and location.
- Hotel Sonnenbichl - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Upper Bavaria can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Amber Hotel Bavaria - This 4-star hotel in Upper Bavaria features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its breakfast and pool.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Mozart's Birthplace, 9.7 mi/15.6 km from the city center, and Salzburg Cathedral, which is 9.7 mi (15.6 km) away.
Getting Around Bad Reichenhall
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Bad Reichenhall Station or Bad Reichenhall-Kirchberg Station. Bad Reichenhall might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Bad Reichenhall
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- About 1.02 inches of rain falls on Bad Reichenhall each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F