Visitors can enjoy all that Ruhpolding has to offer including the ski areas, parks, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Top sights around the area include St. Francis Church, Mozart's Birthplace, and Mirabell Palace and Gardens.
- There are 43 hotels and other accommodations in Ruhpolding
- The closest major airport is in Salzburg (SZG-W.A. Mozart), 17.7 mi (28.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Ruhpolding
Favorite places to visit in the city include Unternberg Ruhpolding, Ruhpolding Amusement Park, and Chiemgau-Arena. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Rauschenberg Train Cable Car and Vita Alpina.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Ruhpolding. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Rosenhof - This 3-star hotel in Upper Bavaria features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Traunbachhäusl - This 2-star inn in Upper Bavaria features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Haus Zeranka Hotel garni - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Upper Bavaria can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Popular places to see in the area include St. Francis Church, located 19.9 mi (32 km) from the city center, and Mozart's Birthplace, which is 19.9 mi (32 km) away.
Getting Around Ruhpolding
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Ruhpolding Station or Ruhpolding Bibeloed Station. Ruhpolding might not have many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Ruhpolding
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 26°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 74°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 76°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 63°F and nighttime averages of 26°F
- Average annual rainfall for Ruhpolding is 1.02 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 27°F