Visitors can enjoy all that Bagamoyo has to offer including the seafood restaurants, waterfront, and forests. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music, festivals, and university setting.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Bagamoyo
- The closest major airport is in Zanzibar (ZNZ-Zanzibar Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Dar es Salaam (DAR-Julius Nyerere Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bagamoyo
A couple of favorite places to visit are Kaole Ruins and Holy Ghost Mission. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Bagamoyo. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Lazy Lagoon is located 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bagamoyo can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private living room.
- The Family Cottages is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Bagamoyo can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Oceanic Bay Hotel & Resort is located within 3.4 mi (5.5 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Bagamoyo can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Bagamoyo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 76°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 73°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 72°F
- About 1.38 inches of rain falls on Bagamoyo each year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 72°F