Visiting Bandar Penawar
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Bandar Penawar, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its water parks and theme park. A top sight in the area is Changi Museum.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Bandar Penawar
- The closest major airport is in Singapore (SIN-Changi), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Batam Batu Besar (BTH-Hang Nadim), 24 mi (38.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bandar Penawar
Families come for the water parks and theme park, specifically attractions such as Desaru Ostrich Farm, Desaru Coast Adventure Waterpark, and Desaru Fruit Farm. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Desaru Beach and Tanjung Balau Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Sebana Golf Resort and The ELS Club Desaru Coast - Ocean Course.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Bandar Penawar. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Amansari Hotel Desaru - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking, and conference space. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Tunamaya Beach & Spa Resort – Desaru Coast - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and dining options at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Lakeview Terrace Resort Pengerang - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Changi Museum, 16.4 mi/26.4 km from the city center.
Dressing for Bandar Penawar
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 88°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 73°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 74°F as the nighttime average
- About 95.51 inches of rain falls on Bandar Penawar each year
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 73°F