Visiting Barra Colorado
Visitors can enjoy all that Barra Colorado has to offer including its parks. A top sight in the city is Tortuguero National Park.
- There are 33 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Tortuquero (TTQ), 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Barra Colorado
The picturesque setting of Tortuguero National Park and Barra del Colorado National Wildlife Refuge exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you'll find Tortuguero National Park Office and Sea Turtle Conservancy in the area.
As you plan your trip to Barra Colorado, you might not find accommodations in the heart of city, but you can choose from 33 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Tortuga Lodge and Gardens is located 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the heart of Barra Colorado. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Tortuguero can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- Miss Junies Lodge is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) from the center of Barra Colorado. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star lodge in Tortuguero can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with a private balcony. Our customers like its dining options and quiet location.
- Casa Marbella is 16.8 mi (27 km) from central Barra Colorado. This 2.5-star bed & breakfast in Tortuguero features free breakfast and a terrace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Barra Colorado
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 83°F and the nighttime average to be 61°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 63°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 62°F at night
- Barra Colorado gets about 72.76 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 83°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 62°F