History buffs will enjoy exploring Bayeux, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, cathedral, and local tours. Walkable and welcoming, this city will delight tourists with its cafés, beaches, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Cathedrale Notre-Dame Bayeux and Museum of the Battle of Normandy.
- There are 45 hotels and other accommodations in Bayeux
- The closest major airport is in Caen (CFR-Carpiquet), 12.6 mi (20.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bayeux
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of the Battle of Normandy, Museum of the Bayeux Tapestry, and Baron Gerard Museum of Art and History. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Cathedrale Notre-Dame Bayeux. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bayeux British War Cemetery and Bayeux Botanical Garden.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 45 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Bayeux. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hôtel le Clos de la Chapelle Spa - Amenities at this hotel include free WiFi and a spa tub. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and proximity to shopping.
- Hôtel Particulier Poppa bayeux - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Villa des Ursulines - Amenities at this aparthotel include free WiFi and a spa tub. Expedia customers love its beach locale and spacious, clean rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Omaha Beach, 10.2 mi/16.4 km from the heart of the city, and Festyland, which is 14 mi (22.5 km) away.
Getting Around Bayeux
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Bayeux Station. Bayeux might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Bayeux
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 39°F at night
- Bayeux gets about 1.18 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 37°F