Travelers to Beirut give high marks for the shopping, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its cafés and museums. Top sights in the city include Beirut Municipal Stadium, Camille Chamoun Sports City Stadium, and Hamra Street.
- There are 305 hotels and other accommodations in Beirut
- The closest major airport is in Beirut (BEY-Rafic Hariri Intl.), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Beirut
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Beirut, Sursock Museum, and Beirut Art Center. Attractions like KidzMondo and Waves Aqua Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Al-Abed Clock Tower, Mohammed Al Amin Mosque, and Martyrs Square.
In Beirut, there are 305 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Rooms Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Lancaster Plaza Beirut - Our customers love the bar and pool at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Raouche can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Sofitel Beirut Le Gabriel - This 5-star hotel in Achrafieh features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Beirut include Beirut Municipal Stadium, Camille Chamoun Sports City Stadium, and Hamra Street. Outside the city, top places to visit include Jeita Grotto, located 8.7 mi (14 km) from the heart of the city, and Faraya Mzaar Kfardebian, which is 20.3 mi (32.6 km) away.
Dressing for Beirut
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 51°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Beirut gets about 35.04 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 52°F