Visiting Blowing Rock
Travelers to Blowing Rock give high marks for the magnificent mountain views, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its ski areas and lakeside setting.
- You'll find 574 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boone
- The closest major airport is in Tri-Cities, TN (TRI-Tri-Cities Regional), 47.2 mi (76 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Blowing Rock
The city's cultural venues include Blowing Rock Auditorium and Blowing Rock Art and History Museum. The mountain views, hiking trails, and lakeside highlight the city's natural beauty, and Blowing Rock Memorial Park, Broyhill Park, and Moses H. Cone Memorial Park are worth a visit. Skiing is a top activity, and Appalachian Ski Mtn. is one place to visit.
In Blowing Rock, there are 82 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Homestead Inn - This 2.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking, and concierge services. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable beds.
- The Lodge at Chetola Resort - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms at this resort. With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Chetola Premier Condominiums - This 3.5-star condo features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its spacious and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Blowing Rock
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 67°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- Blowing Rock gets about 52.64 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°F