Visiting Bocas del Toro
Visitors to Bocas del Toro are sure to enjoy the beaches and local tours. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music.
- There are 87 hotels and other accommodations in Bocas del Toro
- The closest major airport is in Bocas del Toro (BOC-Bocas del Toro Intl.), 0.2 mi (0.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Bocas del Toro
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bolivar Park, Playa El Istmito, and Finca Los Monos Botanical Garden. Taking local tours is one of the top activities, while Bocas del Toro-Bastimento Ferry Terminal, Bocas Marina, and Institute for Tropical Ecology & Conservation - Bocas del Toro Biological Station are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Playa Punch and Playa Bluff.
In Bocas del Toro, there are 87 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Turtle Beach House - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Divers Paradise Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Tropical Suites Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers love its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Bocas del Toro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 67°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 71°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 70°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 89°F and nighttime averages of 68°F
- Bocas del Toro gets about 112.68 inches of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 93°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 68°F