History buffs will enjoy exploring Butte, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and scenic, this city attracts tourists with its festivals and bars.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Butte
- The closest major airport is in Butte, MT (BTM-Bert Mooney), 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Helena, MT (HLN-Helena Regional), 48.8 mi (78.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Butte
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Star Theater, World Museum of Mining, and Mineral Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Copper King Mansion and Our Lady of the Rockies. The picturesque setting of Georgetown Lake and Grant-Kohrs Ranch National Historic Site exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Butte, you'll find 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Copper King Convention Center, Ascend Hotel Collection - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Butte - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hickory House Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a free manager's reception, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Butte
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 47°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 6°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 24°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 31°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 61°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- Butte gets about 12.76 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°F