Visitors can enjoy all that Calkini has to offer including its museums. There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Campeche, Campeche (CPE-Ing. Alberto Acuna Ongay Intl.), 45.8 mi (73.7 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Calkini
A favorite place to visit in the city is Becal Museum. In the area, you'll also find Camino Real Archaeological Museum and Hecelchakan Plaza.
As you plan for your vacation to Calkini, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 7 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- La Casa del Mago is 23.6 mi (38 km) from central Calkini. This 2.5-star hotel in Santa Elena features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Uxmal Resort Maya is 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the center of Calkini. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Muna can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
- Hacienda Uxmal Plantation & Museum is located 23.6 mi (38 km) from the heart of Calkini. This 3.5-star resort in Santa Elena features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its dining options and clean rooms.
Dressing for Calkini
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 97°F, while the average at night is 70°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 91°F and nighttime averages of 65°F
- Average annual rainfall for Calkini is 38.50 inches
- Usually May and June are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 67°F