History buffs will enjoy exploring Cappadocia, and visitors give high marks for the local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its museums and churches. Top sights in the city include Uchisar Castle and Derinkuyu Underground City.
- There are 635 hotels and other accommodations in Cappadocia
- The closest major airport is in Nevsehir (NAV-Cappadocia), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kayseri (ASR-Erkilet Intl.), 34.1 mi (54.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cappadocia
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Cappadocia Art and History Museum, Goreme Open Air Museum, and City and Mimar Sinan Museum. Its churches and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Uchisar Castle, Derinkuyu Underground City, and Göreme Roman Castle. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Sunset Point, Rose Valley, and Göreme National Park.
In Cappadocia, there are 635 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Esbelli Evi Cave Hotel - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its spacious and clean rooms.
- Asyada Suites Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and a restaurant.
- The Cove Cappadocia - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers love its proximity to shopping and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Cappadocia
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Kocasinan Himmetdede Station, Nigde Konakli Station, or Kayseri Station. Cappadocia might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Cappadocia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 23°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 79°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cappadocia is 27.99 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F