Visitors can enjoy all that Castlemaine has to offer including the bars, local tours, and architecture. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices, museums, and theaters.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodations in Castlemaine
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 54.6 mi (87.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Castlemaine
A favorite place to visit in the city is Buda Historic Home & Garden. You'll also find Maldon Vintage Machinery Museum and Maldon Railway Station in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Castlemaine. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Newnorthern Art Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Albion Motel Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free parking.
Getting Around Castlemaine
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Castlemaine Station. Castlemaine may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Castlemaine
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 52°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 71°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 64°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- About 25.79 inches of rain falls on Castlemaine each year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 43°F