Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Chandigarh, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks, musical theater, and zoo. Top sights in the city include Sector 17, Elante Mall, and Sukhna Lake.
- There are 406 hotels and other accommodations in Chandigarh
- The closest major airport is in Chandigarh (IXC), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shimla (SLV), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chandigarh
The city is notable for landmarks like Gurudwara Sri Amb Sahib, Gurudwara Nada Sahib, and Baba Banda Singh Bahadur War Memorial. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Sukhna Lake, Rock Garden, and Bird Sanctuary. Other notable sights to explore include Sector 17 and Elante Mall.
In Chandigarh, there are 406 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Chandigarh - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- Hotel Icon - Our customers like the dining options and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Glades Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Chandigarh
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop aboard a train at Chandigarh Station. Chandigarh might not have very many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chandigarh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 88°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 102°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September averages 97°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Chandigarh is 33.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 100°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F