Visiting Chapel Hill
Travelers to Chapel Hill give high marks for the cathedral, college vibe, and fun sporting events. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping, restaurants, and live music. A top sight in the city is Kenan Stadium.
- You'll find 326 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Raleigh
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 15.2 mi (24.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chapel Hill
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Ackland Art Museum, Memorial Hall, and Morehead Planetarium. The city is notable for its cathedral and landmarks such as Franklin Street. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and University Mall is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Chapel Hill. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rizzo Center, A Destination Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its pool and quiet location.
- The Siena Hotel, Autograph Collection - Our customers like the bar and central location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free valet parking.
- The Carolina Inn, a Destination Hotel - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and overall condition.
Other top sights in Chapel Hill include Kenan Stadium. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Lenovo, located 12.8 mi (20.6 km) from the city center, and PNC Arena, which is 20 mi (32.2 km) away.
Dressing for Chapel Hill
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 32°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 90°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 32°F at night
- About 44.41 inches of rain falls on Chapel Hill each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 33°F