Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Aug 30, 2020
Reviewed on Aug 27, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Sep 1, 2020
Reviewed on Nov 5, 2020
Reviewed on Jun 3, 2020
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Chartres, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral and top-notch restaurants. This rural city also attracts tourists with its cafés. In Chartres, there are 24 hotels and other accommodations to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Chartres
Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Chartres Cathedral and Church of Saint-Andre. Additionally, you might want to add Fine Arts Museum of Chartres to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Chartres. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- B&B Hôtel Chartres Océane - Amenities at this hotel include free parking and in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Best Western Premier Grand Monarque Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the bar and walkable location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi.
- Mercure Chartres Centre Cathédrale - This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, a bar, and a café. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Getting Around Chartres
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Chartres Station. Chartres might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Chartres
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 33°F
- From April to June, the average is 76°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and 32°F as the nighttime average
- Chartres gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 76°F, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 33°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Chartres?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chartres, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Chartres?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Chartres?
What's the best place to stay when traveling with kids to Chartres?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Chartres?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation in Chartres?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Chartres Cathedral?
What about the best place to stay close to La Maison Picassiette?
What's the best luxury hotel in Chartres?
What's the best place to stay in Chartres to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodations with pools in Chartres?
Recent reviews of Chartres hotels
More trip options
- Chartres Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Chartres Airports
- Hotels near Popular Chartres Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Chartres
- More Hotel Options in Chartres
- More Popular Hotels in Centre-Loire Valley
- Other Hotels near Chartres, Centre-Loire Valley
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends