Visiting Chesapeake City
Visitors can enjoy all that Chesapeake City has to offer including the restaurants, waterfront, and museums. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. A top sight in the area is Fort Delaware State Park.
- There are 94 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Baltimore, MD (MTN-Martin State), 32.9 mi (53 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Baltimore, MD (BWI-Baltimore Washington Intl. Thurgood Marshall), 49.3 mi (79.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chesapeake City
A couple of favorite places to visit are C and D Canal Museum and Bohemia Vista Marina. Additionally, you'll find Fort Delaware State Park in the area.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn At The Canal Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean rooms.
Dressing for Chesapeake City
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 24°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 25°F at night
- About 43.11 inches of rain falls on Chesapeake City each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 85°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 26°F