This cabin-cottage is a unique, charming getaway. You are not likely to find a similar one for rent in Canaan Valley with the combination of views, amenities, and easy location to everything. Our mountain retreat is centrally located to area attractions. Just 5 minutes drive to the new Timberline Mountain and Canaan Valley State Park, or eight minutes north to the quaint town of Davis and stunning Blackwater Falls State Park. Fifteen minutes to Thomas and Purple Fiddle. Special Features include:
1. Superior views of Canaan Valley -- including beauty of National Wildlife Refuge (piece of which you view from our deck) year-round -- from cabin's great room, deck and hot tub area.
2. Home is uniquely and thoughtfully decorated with comfortable country and rustic furniture handmade by local artisans.
3. Upgraded kitchen appliances.
4. Nice hot tub.
5. VERY large charcoal grill.
6. Chimera/fire pit area
7. Near two quaint towns Davis (8 minutes drive) and Thomas (15 minutes drive).
8. The cabin abuts the Canaan Valley National Wildlife Refuge and is in the middle of the Valley.
9. In a rural neighborhood of about 14 homes. We are on the desirable "ridge" side with views. We have a small field next to us with a thick stand of pine trees separating us from the neighbors on that side. From the back, we have a little thinned forest (to improve views) and then the refuge. One side we do have a neighbor's home we can see, but they are quiet and rarely out on their property.
10. Very well-equipped kitchen made for REAL cooking, if you choose during your stay, with blender, electric mixer, cast iron skillet, crepe/pancake skillet, panini/grill pan, pasta pot, muffin/popover tins, pie dish, cake pans, measuring cups, french press in addition to drip coffee maker, numerous knives. If you make a special request well in advance I can also arrange for an electric belgium waffle maker.
Hike, bike, swim or kayak your Heart Out!: Most guests say, ''The views are spectacular, and the Great Room incredibly cozy but spacious. Great to just get away and relax, have fun with all sorts of out-door adventures in warm and cold weather. Ski in winter, hike, bike and kayak in warm weather. Horseback riding minutes away, world-class rock climbing about 1/2 hour away. Many, many local activities. Located in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains.
Great Family Ski vacation, Summer Vacation in Canaan Valley or Cozy Romantic Getaway in West Virginia. Excellent spot to explore various day-hikes, and mountain bike. One hour to Deep Creek Lake, 45 minutes to Blackwater Outdoor Adventures.
Nearby Davis West Virginia was voted by Men's Health as one of the coolest little mountain towns in the country. Note that the high elevation of this Valley means the climate is more like Maine or Southern Canada/summer days do not get beyond 80s at their hottest and evenings dip down to 50s or low 60s, even in July and August. Much more natural snow in einter than anywhere nearby given that the high elevation, large Canaan Valley catches the most southern Great Lakes effect weather.