Death Valley Motels and More for the Frugal Traveler
If you're not able to find a motel in Death Valley, allow Expedia help you locate motels or something similar in the larger area. Simply use our search tools to filter by nightly room rate or money-saving amenities such as free parking and free breakfast.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy more of what Death Valley has to offer. Top sights to visit include Death Valley National Park.
Here are some of our customers' top motels to book in the larger area:
Amargosa Opera House
- If driving, you'll be within 12 minutes of Death Valley National Park.
- Enjoy access to the free parking, coffee shop, and coffee in the lobby.
Best Western Pahrump Oasis
- 2 outdoor pools and free breakfast are available during your stay, along with room amenities like WiFi.
- Central Death Valley is 62.1 mi (99.9 km) away
Panamint Springs Resort
- Enjoy access to the restaurant, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- Located 23.3 mi (37.5 km) from the heart of Death Valley
What to Do in Death Valley
Those visiting Death Valley have good things to say about its desert landscape, riverfront, and restaurants. Take time to enjoy the cafés while you're out sightseeing in the area.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Death Valley National Park
- Mosaic Canyon
- Golden Canyon
Some historical places you might want to see include:
- Charcoal Kilns
- Zabriskie Point
- Teakettle Junction
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Mesquite Flat Sand Dunes
- Harmony Borax Works
- Panamint Dunes
Death Valley is also popular for its:
Best Time to Visit Death Valley
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Death Valley by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 86° F and nighttime temperatures average 38° F
- April-June: 114° F is the daytime average and 58° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 117° F and nighttime averages are around 69° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 100° F during the day and 37° F at night
- Average rainfall is 0.71 inches in a year