Visitors to Dinant are sure to enjoy the riverfront and breweries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, monuments, and jazz scene. A top sight in the area is Caves of Hans.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Dinant
- The closest major airport is in Charleroi (CRL-Brussels South Charleroi), 25.9 mi (41.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 49 mi (78.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dinant
The city is notable for landmarks like Rocher Bayard, Dinant Citadel, and Dinant Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Furfooz Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Les bains de Dinant and Leffe Notre Dame Abbey.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Dinant. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Castel de Pont-à-Lesse Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and room size.
- Ibis Dinant Centre - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a casino and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Les voisins de Mr Sax - Located in Leffe, this 2.5-star guesthouse accommodation features free WiFi and a flat-screen TV.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Caves of Hans, 14.1 mi/22.8 km from the center of the city.
Getting Around Dinant
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Dinant Station or Anseremme Station. Dinant may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Dinant
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 34°F at night
- About 34.17 inches of rain falls on Dinant each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 32°F