Visiting District 1
Travelers to District 1 give high marks for the shopping, abundant cafés, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its local tours, museums, and bars.
- There are 728 hotels and other accommodations in District 1
- The closest major airport is in Ho Chi Minh City (SGN-Tan Son Nhat Intl.), 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in District 1
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Museum of Ho Chi Minh City, Opera House, and Museum of Fine Arts. Notable city landmarks like Independence Palace and Saigon Notre-Dame Basilica might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at 30-4 Park, Tao Dan Park, and September 23 Park.
In District 1, you'll be able to select from 728 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Hammock Hotel Ben Thanh - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Bui Thi Xuan can enjoy access to free breakfast and concierge services, along with in-room LCD TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable beds.
- The Reverie Saigon - Our customers like the clean rooms and walkable location at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Dong Khoi features a full-service spa, 5 restaurants, and an outdoor pool.
- Triple E - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Downtown Ho Chi Minh City can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for District 1
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 94°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 95°F, while the average at night is 75°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- About 0 inches of rain falls on District 1 each year
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 71°F