Visitors to Donaueschingen are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, forests, and churches.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Donaueschingen
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 34.7 mi (55.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Donaueschingen
A couple of favorite places to visit are Source of the Danube and Parcours. You'll also find Solemar Spa and Wanne Observation Tower in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Donaueschingen. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Der Öschberghof - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with a free stocked minibar.
- Flair Hotel Grüner Baum - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Hotel Waldblick - Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting Around Donaueschingen
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Donaueschingen Station, Donaueschingen Mitte/Siedlung Station, or Donaueschingen Allmendshofen Station. Donaueschingen might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Donaueschingen
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 54°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 62°F during the day and 27°F at night
- About 42.91 inches of rain falls on Donaueschingen each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F