Find Hotels in Dubbo
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 14, 2021
Reviewed on Jan 9, 2021
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dubbo, and visitors give high marks for the popular zoo and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its water parks and spas. A top sight in the city is Taronga Western Plains Zoo.
- There are 55 hotels and other accommodations in Dubbo
- The closest major airport is in Dubbo, NSW (DBO), 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dubbo
Cultural venues in the city include Dubbo Observatory, Western Plains Cultural Centre, and Royal Flying Doctor Service Visitors Centre. Families come for the zoo and water parks, specifically attractions such as Taronga Western Plains Zoo and Dubbo Showground. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Old Dubbo Gaol and Dubbo Regional Botanic Garden.
In Dubbo, there are 55 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Bluegum Motel - With a stay at this 4.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Abel Tasman Motor Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this motel. With a stay at this 4-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Aberdeen Motel - This 4-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Getting Around Dubbo
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Dubbo Station. Dubbo might not have very many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Dubbo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 55°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 36°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 92°F as the daytime average and 46°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Dubbo is 20.59 inches
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F