Visitors to Dumaguete are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, mountain views, and churches. Top sights around the area include Oslob Beach and Sumilon Island.
- There are 129 hotels and other accommodations in Dumaguete
- The closest major airport is in Dumaguete (DGT), 1.3 mi (2.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Panglao (TAG-Bohol Intl.), 37.4 mi (60.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dumaguete
The city is notable for landmarks like Bell Tower, Rizal Boulevard, and Dauin Church. The picturesque setting of Paliton Beach and Tulapos Marine Sanctuary exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Robinsons Mall and Malatapay Market.
In Dumaguete, there are 129 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mike's Dauin Beach Resort - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Wellbeach Dive Resort - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Popular places to see around the area include Oslob Beach, located 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city center, and Sumilon Island, which is 10.5 mi/16.9 km away.
Dressing for Dumaguete
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 89°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 75°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 76°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Dumaguete is 1.97 inches
- May and April are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 75°F