Find Hotels in Dunedin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Dunedin, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours, museums, and cathedral. Top sights in the city include St. Paul's Cathedral, First Church of Otago, and Toitu Otago Settlers Museum.
- There are 117 hotels and other accommodations in Dunedin
- The closest major airport is in Dunedin (DUD-Dunedin Intl.), 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunedin
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Toitu Otago Settlers Museum, New Zealand Sports Hall of Fame, and Otago Museum. Its cathedral and historic sites are notable and landmarks include St. Paul's Cathedral, First Church of Otago, and Olveston. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Dunedin Botanic Garden, St. Clair Beach, and Penguin Place.
In Dunedin, there are 117 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bluestone On George - Guests who stay at this 5-star motel in Dunedin City Centre can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and WiFi.
- Hazel House Boutique Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in South Dunedin can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Distinction Dunedin Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Dunedin City Centre can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Dunedin include Speight's Brewery, Larnach Castle, and Taieri Gorge.
Getting Around Dunedin
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Dunedin Railway Station. Dunedin might not have very many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Dunedin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 47°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 64°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 60°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 42°F
- Dunedin gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 36°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Dunedin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dunedin, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Dunedin?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Dunedin?
Where is the best hotel for a stay in Dunedin City Centre?
What's the best accommodation in South Dunedin?
What's the best hotel for a family vacation in Dunedin?
What's the best place to stay for a couple going to Dunedin?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Dunedin?
Where is the best place to stay near Forsyth Barr Stadium?
What about the best place to stay close to University of Otago?
What are some accommodations with pools in Dunedin?
Recent reviews of Dunedin hotels
More trip options
- Dunedin Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Dunedin Airports
- Hotels in Dunedin Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Dunedin Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Dunedin
- More Hotel Options in Dunedin
- More Popular Hotels in Otago
- Other Hotels near Dunedin, Otago
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends