Travelers to Elko give high marks for the casinos, top-notch restaurants, and abundant coffeehouses. Quaint and rural, this city will delight tourists with its museums, shopping, and bars.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Elko
- The closest major airport is in Elko, NV (EKO-Elko Regional), 1.7 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Elko
Well-known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Elko Area Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center, Northeastern Nevada Museum, and California Trail Historic Interpretive Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lamoille Canyon, Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, and Wells City Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Elko Convention Center and Western Folklife Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Elko. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn by Hilton Elko - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, quiet rooms.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Elko - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Sharon Motel - Amenities at this 2.5-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting Around Elko
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Elko Station. Elko might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Elko
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 13°F as the nighttime average
- Elko gets about 9.91 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°F