Elko Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You can select from 18 low-cost motels in Elko among more than 39 hotels and other lodging choices. These budget accommodations can help you save some cash when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and you can see these today along the historic U.S. Route 66. When you stay at a motel, you're likely to find a free parking spot and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers' recommended Elko motels available to book:
Americas Best Value Gold Country Inn & Casino
- Enjoy access to the casino, and freebies including WiFi, parking, and an airport shuttle.
Super 8 by Wyndham Wells
- Free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free parking are available during your stay.
Rest Inn Suites Motel
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Days Inn by Wyndham Elko
- A 24-hour front desk along with freebies like breakfast, WiFi, and parking are available during your stay.
Motel 6 Elko
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
What to Do in Elko
Take time to enjoy the charming coffeehouses and top-notch restaurants while you're sightseeing. Those visiting Elko have good things to say about its shops, museums, and bars.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Carlin Community Park
- Lamoille Canyon
- Thomas Canyon Campground
During your trip, here are some other places to visit:
- Elko Convention Center
- Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
- Elko County Fairgrounds
Elko is also known for its:
- Casino gaming
Best Time to Visit Elko
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Elko by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and August, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 55° F and nighttime temperatures average 13° F
- April-June: 86° F is the daytime average and 29° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 92° F and nighttime averages are around 34° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 72° F during the day and 13° F at night
- Average rainfall is 9.80 inches in a year
How to Get to Elko and Around the Area
|Elko, NV (EKO-Elko Regional) ||Airport ||1.7 mi (2.8 km) |
|Elko Station ||Train Station ||2 mi (3.2 km) |