Travelers to Englewood give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. A top sight in the area is Venice Beach.
- You'll find 443 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Port Charlotte - Charlotte Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Punta Gorda, FL (PGD-Charlotte County), 22.6 mi (36.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sarasota, FL (SRQ-Sarasota-Bradenton Intl.), 31.7 mi (51 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Englewood
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Indian Mound Park, Lemon Bay Park, and Blind Pass Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Englewood Recreation Center and Lemon Bay Playhouse.
In Englewood, there are 116 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pearl Beach Inn - Amenities at this 2.5-star hotel include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sun Life Beach Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Englewood Bay Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Venice Beach, located 10.9 mi (17.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Englewood
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 78°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 51°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 52°F as the nighttime average
- Englewood gets about 50.55 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F