Travelers to Falmouth give high marks for the seafood restaurants, beaches, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its forests and wineries. A top sight in the area is Buttonwood Park Zoo.
- There are 54 hotels and other accommodations in Falmouth
- The closest major airport is in Vineyard Haven, MA (MVY-Martha's Vineyard), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 18.8 mi (30.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Falmouth
Notable city landmarks like Nobska Lighthouse and Woods Hole Drawbridge might be worth a visit. The forests and beaches highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Surf Drive Beach, Falmouth Heights Beach, and Spohr Gardens. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and wine tasting, while Island Queen Ferry and Woods Hole Ferry Terminal are sights to visit.
In Falmouth, you'll find 54 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn on the Sound - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- The Palmer House Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a free manager's reception, along with free WiFi.
- Frederick William House - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
A top sight outside the city is Buttonwood Park Zoo, located 18.2 mi (29.2 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Falmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Falmouth gets about 1.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F