Visiting Fort McMurray
Visitors can enjoy all that Fort McMurray has to offer including the riverfront, golf courses, and northern lights. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its rich culture.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodations in Fort McMurray
- The closest major airport is in Fort McMurray, AB (YMM), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort McMurray
The city's cultural venues include Heritage Park and Oil Sands Discovery Centre. Additionally, you might want to add MacDonald Island Park to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Fort McMurray. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chez Dube Country Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Best Western Plus Sawridge Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Fort Mcmurray - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Fort McMurray
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 41°F and the nighttime average to be -11°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 18°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 53°F during the day and -9°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Fort McMurray is 0.75 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -7°F