Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Fruita, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the museums, monuments, and mountain views. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape.
- You'll find 97 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Grand Junction
- The closest major airport is in Grand Junction, CO (GJT-Grand Junction Regional), 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fruita
The city is well known for its museums and cultural venues like Dinosaur Journey. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks such as Western Slope Vietnam War Memorial. The city's mountain views, hiking trails, and parks provide a picturesque setting, and places to visit include James M. Robb – Colorado River State Park.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 23 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Fruita. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Fruita - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- H Motel - With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Fruita
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 94°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 9.41 inches of rain falls on Fruita each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 19°F