Visiting Grand Junction
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Grand Junction, and visitors give high marks for the array of wineries, important monuments, and magnificent mountain views. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- There are 141 hotels and other accommodations in Grand Junction
- The closest major airport is in Grand Junction, CO (GJT-Grand Junction Regional), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Junction
Cultural venues in the city include Western Colorado Center for the Arts, Dinosaur Journey, and Devils Canyon Science and Learning Center. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Cross Orchards Historic Site and Western Slope Vietnam War Memorial. The hiking trails and mountain views highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Canyon View Park, Colorado National Monument, and Western Colorado Botanical Gardens.
In Grand Junction, you'll find 141 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Bookcliffs Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Castle Creek B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free parking, and a free airport shuttle.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Grand Junction Northwest - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Getting Around Grand Junction
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Grand Junction Station. Grand Junction might not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Grand Junction
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 16°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Grand Junction is 9.42 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 19°F