Visitors to Gaborone are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, live music, and churches.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Gaborone
- The closest major airport is in Gaborone (GBE-Sir Seretse Khama Intl.), 6.3 mi (10.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gaborone
The city's cultural venues include Gaborone Natural History Museum and National Museum. The picturesque setting of Gaborone Dam and Mokolodi Nature Reserve exemplify the city's natural beauty. Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to River Walk Mall and Game City Mall.
In Gaborone, you'll find 92 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Capital Guesthouse - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Peermont Mondior, Gaborone - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Aquarian Tide Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to the airport.
A top sight outside the city is Madikwe Game Reserve, located 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Gaborone
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 54°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 33°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 81°F during the day and 52°F at night
- Gaborone gets about 15.04 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually November and February with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are June and July with an average of 35°F