Visitors can enjoy all that Gangtok has to offer including the temples, lakeside setting, and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its theme park.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodations in Gangtok
- The closest major airport is in Bagdogra (IXB), 48.5 mi (78.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gangtok
The city is notable for landmarks like Enchey Monastery, Ganesh Tok, and Royal Palace. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are MG Marg Market and Rumtek Monastery.
In Gangtok, you'll be able to select from 104 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here's a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Mayfair Spa Resort & Casino Gangtok - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a casino, and a restaurant. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
Dressing for Gangtok
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 58°F and the nighttime average to be 12°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 72°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 40°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 14°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Gangtok is 16.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 15°F