Visitors to Gdynia are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and sightseeing tours. Top sights around the area include PGE Arena Gdansk, Gdansk Crane, and Gdansk Main Town Hall.
- You'll find 599 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Gdansk
- The closest major airport is in Gdansk (GDN-Lech Walesa), 9.3 mi (15 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Gdynia
Cultural venues in the city include City of Gdynia Museum, Navy Museum, and ORP Blyskawica. Attractions like Gdynia Aquarium and Kolibki Adventure Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Orlowo Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Gdynia. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Relais & Châteaux Hotel Quadrille - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Longstay Aparthotel - Our customers like the room size at this aparthotel. This 4-star aparthotel in Wzgorze Swietego Maksymiliana features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, and a sauna.
- Hotel Rozany Gaj - This 3.5-star hotel in Kamienna Gora features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include PGE Arena Gdansk, located 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Gdansk Crane, which is 12 mi/19.3 km away.
Getting Around Gdynia
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Gdynia Central Station or Gdynia Orlowo Station. Gdynia may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Gdynia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 26°F at night
- About 0.91 inches of rain falls on Gdynia each year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 71°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 24°F