Visitors can enjoy all that Getasan has to offer including its mountain views. There are 63 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Surakarta (SOC-Adisumarmo Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.1 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Yogyakarta (JOG-Adisucipto Intl.), 27.8 mi (44.7 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Getasan
A favorite place to visit in the city is Mount Merbabu National Park. In the area, you'll also find GEREJA KRISTEN JAWA SALIB PUTIH and Ambarawa Railway Museum.
As you plan your trip to Getasan, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 63 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- D'Emmerick Salib Putih Hotel Salatiga is 2.9 mi (4.7 km) from the center of Getasan. This 3-star hotel in Getasan features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Shankara Borobudur is located 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the heart of Getasan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Borobudur can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Kayu Arum Resort is 5.4 mi (8.7 km) from central Getasan. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Salatiga can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Getasan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 75°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 93°F during the day and 73°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Getasan is 51.22 inches
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 93°F, while the coldest months are September and August with an average of 73°F