Find Hotels in Great Bend, KS
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 5, 2021
Visiting Great Bend
Visitors can enjoy all that Great Bend has to offer including the churches, museums, and cafés. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices.
- There are 12 hotels and other accommodations in Great Bend
- The closest major airport is in Great Bend, KS (GBD-Great Bend Municipal), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Hays, KS (HYS-Hays Regional), 43.1 mi (69.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Great Bend
Cultural venues in the city include Santa Fe Trail Center Museum & Research Library, Barton County Historical Society Museum and Village, and Kansas Oil & Gas Museum. Notable city landmarks like Fort Larned National Historic Site and St. John Evangelist Church might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Veterans Memorial Park and Hoisington Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Great Bend. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Rodeway Inn - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Great Bend - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Rodeway Inn & Suites - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Dressing for Great Bend
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 21°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 94°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- Average annual rainfall for Great Bend is 26.69 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 92°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 23°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Great Bend?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Great Bend, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Great Bend?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Great Bend?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Great Bend?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Great Bend?
Where is the best place to stay with easy access to St. John Evangelist Church?
What about the best place to stay near Cheyenne Bottoms?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Great Bend?
Recent reviews of Great Bend hotels
More trip options
- Great Bend Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Great Bend Airports
- Hotels near Popular Great Bend Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Great Bend
- More Hotel Options in Great Bend
- More Popular Hotels in Kansas
- Other Hotels near Great Bend, Kansas
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends