Families will find kid-friendly activities in Hays, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its university setting.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Hays
- The closest major airport is in Hays, KS (HYS-Hays Regional), 3.3 mi (5.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Great Bend, KS (GBD-Great Bend Municipal), 44.5 mi (71.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hays
Cultural venues in the city include Ellis County Historical Society Museum, Walter P. Chrysler Boyhood Home, and Deines Cultural Center. The city is notable for landmarks like Fort Hays State Historic Site, Gernon House, and Heym-Oliver House. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Fort Hays State University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Hays. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hays - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Wakeeney - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Butterfield Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free parking. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Dressing for Hays
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°F
- From April to June, the average is 91°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 93°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 75°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Hays gets about 23.46 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 18°F